Combination of immune therapy enhances the anticancer treatment19 August 2012
Cancer is one of the deadly diseases and large number of people suffers from various types of cancers across the globe and for effectively treating cancer, some of the cancer treatments now include immune system boosters to enhance the effectiveness of the treatment. According to the new research, the new novel treatment system is developed by researchers at the Yale University.
The research findings led by Tarek Fahmy, have been published in the journal Nature Materials and researchers claim that the combination of anticancer drug and immune booster system have been effective in delaying cancer in mice. The researchers claim that in mice they observed delayed tumor growth, sent tumors into remission, which ultimately increased the survival rates.
The new drug transport technology called nanolipogels (NLGs) was developed by researchers and used two drugs for the study. These drugs were transported through NLGS, nanoscale, hollow and biodegradable spherical structure that can accumulate in tumors and once reaching in these tumors can release controlled dosage of their cargo into the blood stream by breaking down the spherical walls. These NLGs were filled with both inhibitor drug and a protein that works as immune booster.
- Mesoporous silica nanoparticle can be used for delivering hydrophobic anticancer drugs
- Synergistic Effect of Radiation Therapy combined with Chemotherapy
- Nanotechnology used in monitoring cancer cells
- Gold Nanoshells to be tried for Lung Cancer Therapy
- Newly developed nanoparticles inhaled to deliver anticancer drugs at lungs
- Head and Neck Cancer cure from Polymeric Nanoparticles
- Nanotechnology used for oral anticancer drug delivery
- Nanotechnology in cancer treatment
- Nanoparticle as potential therapy for brain Cancer
- New nanometer sized â€œcargo-shipâ€ developed for destroying tumor
It will look like this: Combination of immune therapy enhances the anticancer treatment